Configuration Management (CMDB)
Configuration management is primarily focused on maintaining information and relationships about assets required to deliver a service. The management and traceability of every aspect of a configuration, from beginning to end, identification, planning, change control and management, release and maintenance.
HaloITSM Configuration Management (CMDB)
Whatever the assets that you need to track, whether devices of your customer or your own, or both, HaloITSM helps focus your processes of storing and maintaining details and configuration data of items, assets and devices, and link them to any type of ITIL request type.
Covering any kind of information that you need to store, and more, customisable to your own terminology or language, HaloITSM tracks what is recorded, what is changed, who changes it, and when they did so. Every login is accountable for all actions in the program, and especially vigilant in the configuration of assets being tracked, from beginning to end.
Identification, planning, change control, change management, release management and maintenance all in one product, and accessible in many different ways, across the multiple platforms.
- Specify your own Asset Groups and Asset Types organisation tree as necessary, based on assets you need to track.
- Customise any field name in any of the asset types, with suggested ITIL labels available from installation.
- Track any configuration changes that are made, who did it, when, what it was, and auditing.
- Run extensive reporting on any of the parameters available to you in the main program of your own choosing, so whatever you need is available.
- Link assets together, to show how their configurations are linked, and how they impact on each other.
- Set validation rules on all configuration fields, such as numeric, IP address, date, drop-down, password, or anything.
- Select if the asset configuration field include software usage data, and count the licence usage of users.
- Set access methods to launch any remote program of your choosing, using configuration field data to connect.
- Relate asset to other configuration data, such as supplier, warranty, claims, costings, contracts, recurring billing etc.
- Auto generate maintenance requests to validate data at regular intervals to ensure accuracy of records.
- Link any type of documents to the config, such as PDF manuals, Visio room plans, detailed technical specifications and more.
- Retain asset configuration data following decommission of asset, so full history of items are tracked.
- Change control and management using logs with descriptions and justifications, approval with software changes also.
- Endless reporting capabilities available on all data captured, so whatever you need, it’s there when you need it.
configuration management software, configuration management software, configuration management software, configuration management software
Try HaloITSM free for 30 days.
Immediate Access. No Credit Card Required.