Find out about all the exciting, up and coming developments in HaloITSM
Microsoft Teams Bot
Production of a Teams bot to enable inbound Teams integration.
Introduce the ability to mention team members using @ symbol
Enhancements to make it easier to bulk action tickets.
Integration with Tenable.io
Integration with GoToAssist
Integration with Jamf
Azure Sentinel Integration
Integration with Azure Sentinel
Integration with Workday
CMDB Dependency Diagram Improvements
Enhancements to the dependency diagrams.
Transfer of Configuration Between Development and Production Environments
Enhancements to improve the ease of transferring configuration between development and production environments.
Introduced an Access Control List for a number of config entities which will allow standard users to edit some config.
A new "Access Control" button will now show on the Ticket Type, Outcome, Approval Process and Workflow config screens.
This allows you to assign Modify or Owner access to a Role or Agent for the object.
Agents which have Modify or Owner access to an entity will have access to a "My Config" area if they are not an administrator. This allows them to edit the objects they have this access for. If they are an Owner, they will also have access to delete the object and assign permissions to the object.
A new permission has also been added called "Allow creation of new Ticket Types and linked objects". If this is granted to an Agent they will get access to config to be able to create new Ticket Types, Actions, Approval Processes and Workflows.
Additional Xero integration features added
1. Two way supplier syncing is now available.
2. Purchase orders can now be synced to Xero.
3. A default status for new invoices and purchase orders can now be chosen. This is set at a global level and not per tenant.
This value can be overridden when manually creating a manual invoice/purchase order or recurring invoice. As part of this change, the third party invoice number, status and branding theme fields now have their own section on the invoice.
4. You can now create a parent child relationship between items.
When linking an item, the item code fields are hidden, but you can still select the accounts codes for the item. The child item of the relationship is not synced to Xero.
5. Only tax rates with an ACTIVE status will now be imported from Xero.
6. Reduced the number of calls made to the Xero API when updating customers and suppliers. The sync will now only occur when a field which is sent to Xero is changed, rather than any field in the Halo entity. This resolves an issue where some customers were hitting the rate limit for the Xero API when running customer imports from other integrations.
7. You can now choose which entities you would like to sync from Halo to Xero. This has replaced the previous "enable syncing" field. The value of this field will be defaulted to Customers, Items and Invoices.
8. An option has been added to choose whether making a customer/supplier inactive in Halo archives the contact record in Xero.
9. Any errors that occur when syncing are now saved and can be viewed by navigating to the Xero tenant and viewing the error tab. By double clicking the error, a new window will open on the entity that failed to sync.
10. A new option has been added to make the accounts codes fields (sales and purchases) a dropdown field. This can be found in Configuration > Billing > General Settings.
Accounts codes now have their own module in Configuration > Billing. Here you can create/edit the accounts codes that will display in the dropdown fields when this setting/module is enabled.
11. Each entity that has been synced with Xero will now display a button that allows you to open the record in Xero. This includes customers, items, suppliers, invoices and purchase orders.
12. If an error is token related, you will now be prompted to revisit the configuration for your Xero tenant and reconnect to Xero. An example of this can be seen in point 9.
13. Cancelling the authentication flow will now redirect back to Halo, rather than redirecting back to the Xero login screen.
14. If disconnecting from Xero fails, you will now be prompted to disconnect manually within the Xero interface. Deleting a tenant connection from Halo now also disconnects the Halo PSA app from your Xero tenant.
15. Fixed an issue where deleting a tenant was not correctly removing the tenant's relationship with clients and items.
16. The default Xero tenant field is now set at a global level rather than against the tenant record.
Enhancements have been made to the dashboard's functionality to allow you to set up a new type of dashboard within the app.
From the new dashboard screen, select Dashboard type as "In-App", and a new Layout tab will show. This allows you to create widgets and place them on the dashboard by dragging and dropping.
The following types of Widget can be added;
Report data - shows the table from a report
Report Chart - shows the chart from a report. This has a drill-down when clicking on the chart.
Report Counter - Counts rows, or sums a column from a report. This has a drill-down when clicking on the counter.
Feature menu - shows the normal home screen feature menu
Activity Feed - shows the normal home screen activity feed
Custom HTML - input your own html
A setting has been added at global level and an agent level override to show an in-app dashboard on the home screen. This replaces the usual home screen from the feature menu and below with your chosen dashboard.
Kashflow Integration now available
Connect to multiple Kashflow instances in Halo. The following functionality is then available:
Import tax rates, customers, suppliers, products and sub products from Kashflow.
Whenever a customer, supplier or sub product is created/updated in Halo, the changes will be synced to Kashflow.
Creating/updating invoices in Halo will sync the invoice to Kashflow.
Deleting an invoice in Halo will delete the invoice in Kashflow.
Twitter integration now available
Connect multiple Twitter accounts to Halo so that you can manage Tweets from within Halo.
Whenever a connected account is mentioned in a Tweet, the Halo Integrator will import the Tweet into Halo so that it can be actioned.
Accounts and Tweets are displayed in their own area of the application:
Users can like, favourite and hide Tweets. You can also send a reply directly from the Tweets view, or raise a Ticket from the Tweet.
Once a ticket is raised, you can reply to Tweets directly from the ticket. Any replies to the Tweet where your account is mentioned will be added as an action to the ticket.
Atera RMM integration now available
Import customers from Atera RMM
Import Agents, Generic, HTTP, SNMP, TCP and HTTP devices from Atera RMM
Process alerts from Atera RMM, including automatic closure of a ticket if the alert automatically resolves in Atera RMM
Deactivate devices in Halo if they are removed from Atera RMM
Added Microsoft Graph as a connection option to the Exchange Calendar integration
You can now select Microsoft Graph as a connection option in the Exchange Calendars integration.
Appointments that are created/updated/deleted in Halo will be synced immediately to Exchange as the create/update/delete event happens in Halo.
Appointments and changes to appointments in Exchange can be imported manually in the Halo UI or via the Halo Integrator on a schedule. Recurring appointments cannot be created through Halo, but they can be imported and updated in Halo.
Appointment types now have an additional option to create appointments of that type as a Microsoft Teams meeting in Exchange.
If you have created a Teams meeting, the appointment will display an option to join the meeting next to the complete option:
Added Opportunity Phone number to Import Spreadsheets.
You can now process different billings items in different areas
On the left hand side menu in the billing area, you can now access different things for invoicing:
If you navigate to one of them, you will be able to see more items at once and just process items of a given kind:
Sales and Purchasing enhancements
Several improvements and new features have been introduced to enhance the Sales and Purchase orders;
Total stock count now shows on sales order lines
You can now choose lines and the quantity when creating a purchase order from a sales order
Indicator that a PO has been received from an SO
An option has been added to add a note and change the status of a ticket when a PO is received
You can now reserve stock and assets for orders (option in Item configuration)
Stock received from a PO can be auto reserved for the SO
When creating a PO from an SO you'll now get to choose whether the items are delivered to the user or into stock
Receiving a PO which is delivered to the user will now auto-consign the Sales order
You can now partially consign orders
The number consigned now shows on order lines
PO and SO statuses can now have system uses which allow them to be closed more easily
Bringing a PO into stock will close it
Additional views have been added within the Orders area to list Open or Closed orders
Line item notes now show on hover of a line
You can now partially invoice a Sales Order
You can now view Quotes and Orders from a client record
Items can now be marked as Contract items
Items can now be linked to a project template
Actioning of order lines - depending on the item configuration, a Contract, Recurring Invoice, and/or Project can be created for a line from the Sales order screen
Items can now be excluded from invoices from the item configuration
The cost now shows on stock history records
A link has been added to view stock details from the add line item screen