Documentation to assist with the setup and configuration of the HaloITSM platform
Search Tools in Halo
There are multiple search tools within Halo. Firstly, the filter pane quick search box (1). Secondly, the search pane accessible in the top banner (2).
Quick Search Box
Typing a ticket ID number in this search box will open the ticket in qutestion up automatically. This is very useful for when an end-user quotes you a ticket number over the phone or a colleagues asks you to take a quick look at a ticket.
You can also use keywords to search for specific tickets. Any words searched for will also search the Clients/Sites/Users for any matches. An exaqmple of this is below:
Searching for "Apps" in here will only leave ticket 2145 as below:
When you have searched for some term(s) you can then refine your search using the filters and options below the users list. These allow you to further refine the search to the exact ticket you are searching for.
Example: if you remember typing certain words in an action yesterday you can select 'Search Actions' on tickets opened yesterday.
The Search Pane
Clicking the magnifying glass in the upper right will reveal the search pane from the right hand side. This leads you to the following set of options:
- Halo area choice.*
- This allows to select a part of Halo to search such as Tickets, Clients, Users, Quotes etc.
- Full screen button.
- This expands the search pane to fill the whole inner window.
- Filter options.
- Options under here allow you to refine your search results by fields.
- Sort options.
- These allow you to order search results, for example by date.
- Add a new object.
- Depending on the Halo area choice you made in option 1*, you can add new object. For example, if you are searching through knowledge base articles, clicking this will add a new knowledge base article.
Refining Your Search Results
Either method of searching allows you to refine your results by related fields. This allows you find specifically what you're looking for. Using these is simple:
- Click on the text box and find the field you wish to use.
- Click add.
- Select or input the information you wish to filter with:
- Asset Import - CSV/XLS/Spreadsheet Method
- Call Management in Halo
- Creating Agents and Editing Agent Details
- Departments, Teams and Roles
- Importing Data
- Multiple New Portals with different branding for one customer [Hosted]
- Organisation Basics
- Organising Teams of Agents
- Step-by-Step Configuration Walk Through
- Syncing Exchange Calendars