Halo can connect to standard licensed mailboxes and also Shared Mailboxes. All other kinds of mailbox are currently unsupported.
The first step is to register the application in Azure. Please see the steps below for this part.
1.Navigate to the Azure Active Directory admin centre and create a new registration.
2. Enter a sensible name and enter your halo application URL in the format below (Your URL with /azure/auth added to the end)
3. Note down the Application (Client) ID and your Directory (tenant) ID as highlighted below as we will need to use this later.
4. Go to Certificates & Secrets and create a new secret for this application, again take note of this as it will be required at a later step. (Make sure to use the value of the secret)
5. Next go to API Permissions and Add a permission.
6. Choose Microsoft Graph and then Delegated
7. Select the below permissions and save. (ensure these are Delegated and not Application)
Not that for shared mailboxes there are two additional permissions required.
8. Grant the admin consent for these permissions.
Setup of Mail in Halo
After the application is registered in Azure and given the correct permissions you can setup the mailbox in Halo.
1. In Halo go to Configuration > Email > Mailbox Setup > Create a new entry and choose Office 365/Azure.
2. Fill out all details below, taking the Client ID, Tenant ID and secret that we create above in step 3 and 4. Then click the Authorize button which will take you to your tenant to sign in with the details of the mailbox that you want to use. Please note that, if you are using a shared mailbox, the licenced user is added as a delate user on the shared resource.
IMPORTANT: Adding a new mailbox will remove ALL emails from the inbox and turn them into tickets, deleting the emails in the process. Depending on your configuration, it may also send acknowledgement emails out of these tickets. For this reason it is recommended that you start with an empty mailbox.
3. To ensure that the Azure method is used you will need to pass the sending function to the server processing application. To do this go to Configuration > Email and untick the below setting.
Once this is completed and the mailbox is enabled the mailbox setup is complete.