How GFG Alliance achieved autonomy and improved service by migrating from Marval to HaloITSM
Work directly with HaloITSM for exceptional service
Saving 10 hours per week with automation
Unparalleled system speed with a modern, easy to use UX/UI
At a glance
- Increased autonomy for configuration changes
- Cost savings without a reduction in quality
- Smooth migration process from Marval
- Integrate key systems including on-premise HR system
- Work directly with HaloITSM and not through partners
- Modern, intuitive UX/UI
Utilising our experts knowledge, the migration process from Marval to HaloITSM was seamless. Now, GFG Alliance have greater autonomy, exceptional customer service and a top quality system all at a reduced cost compared to Marval.
About GFG Alliance
GFG Alliance is a collection of global businesses and investments owned by Sanjeev Gupta and his family. The Alliance is structured into three core industrial pillars; LIBERTY Steel Group, ALVANCE Aluminium Group and SIMEC Energy Group, independent of each other yet united through shared values and a purpose to create a sustainable future for industry and society.
As a customer of Marval, GFG Alliance were looking to migrate to a different provider after several determining factors:
- A lack of autonomy. Marval was being used throughout the business, however it didn’t work for IT and they were unable to make configuration changes themselves.
- Cost. Marval is an expensive solution and they were looking to make some considerable cost savings without losing quality
- Service. With Marval, customers have to go through their partners and therefore took a long time to get anything fixed or changed.
When looking for a new ITSM tool, GFG Alliance needed an ITIL-aligned solution which offered a great experience for their end users. They wanted the autonomy to be able to configure all aspects of the system without coding or needing to go back to the vendor.
“With Marval a new service request form would take 6 weeks to implement. With HaloITSM, it took 15 minutes!”
After finding HaloITSM on Gartner, GFG Alliance was initially drawn in by the responsiveness of the team and slickness of the application. After a trial period and consultations with our experts, the team felt confident enough to start the migration process throughout their UK, Czech Republic and Australian offices.
The implementation process took 2 months from start to finish including all customisations. For example, the teams required an integration with their on-premise HR system for approvals and user data. This was configured as part of the implementation and works seamlessly between the two applications.
“HaloITSM has given us far greater autonomy to be able to deliver the service that we have always wanted to.”
After the successful migration process from Marval, GFG Alliance are delighted with HaloITSM and the service received.
- Previously, a new service request would take 6 weeks to implement. Now with HaloITSM it takes 15 minutes.
- As the teams are working directly with HaloITSM and not through any partners, the service received is always personable and knowledgeable.
- The software UI/UX is more modern, intuitive and easy to use.
- The speed of HaloITSM is unparalleled. Due to being built on React, HaloITSM is one of the fastest ITSM systems on the market.
Since the migration, GFG Alliance has achieved greater autonomy, exceptional customer service and a top quality system all at a reduced cost compared to Marval. With the ability to automate, customise and integrate everything they need, they can finally deliver the service they’ve always wanted to.
Try HaloITSM free for 30 days.
Immediate Access. No Credit Card Required.